Saturday, April 11, 2009

rock and hard place

Rock (noun): Deal with the side effects of IVIg using conventional, over-the-counter anti-inflammatories and pain medication, and just wait until they subside.
Hard Place (noun): Deal with the side effects of Prednisone, which rendered me angry, aggressive, hormonal, and bursting out of my skin.

After taking the Prednisone for two weeks, and been off it now for a few days, I've gained a deeper understanding about the nature of different types of headaches. Now that its effects have worn off, I can see Prednisone is reasonably effective in reducing the inflammation reaction to IVIg. Yes, the headaches and neck soreness have returned, so it's back to Nurofen etc to deal with that. Drugs like Excedrin don't work - there is pain, and there is pain. Because mine arises from inflammation, your typical pain killers (even strong ones) don't really do the job.

Being trapped like this between two sets of side effects has me in a bit of a down mood. Maybe I should take something for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment