Friday, November 13, 2009

The tap that keeps on tapping

With apologies to Cyndi Lauper, there's a hole in my back that comes all the way from Rochester. The headache that I've had since last Friday is most likely a result of a CSF leak. This is a side effect of the lumbar puncture I had at the Mayo Clinic, where they stuck a hole in my back to draw out cerebro-spinal fluid, and the hole has not properly closed.

So what's the solution? Poke my back again, and this time inject some of my own blood which will help close the hole. I'm booked into go to shortly to have this procedure done.

This is really getting to me. I agonized as to whether to just keep resting and hope that the hole closed on its own, or to have another uncomfortable procedure to close it, and decided this morning to take this route. It should give me a little more certaintly that the headache will stop once and for all.

Of course I also have to book in for more IVIg juice, and have decided with my neuro to just do one day (instead of the usual two), and do that on Monday after a weekend of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment