Tuesday, December 30, 2008

progress, maybe

Well, it's been over a week since I finished my initial IVIG. There does appear to be a slight increase in strength in my right hand, although in the last day or so, there is pain all through the hand. Previously, there was only pain in the wrist.

Having just watched a few episodes of Heroes (among many other sci fi type shows and movies), it reminds me a bit of the scene where the scientist injects himself with the experimental drug, and goes through some instant (and painful) metamorphosis. You often see the "effect" of the drug working its way through his system as it does its stuff.

I have no idea what is going on inside my hand at the moment. Lots of different opinions about how long it takes the IVIG to work. Have discovered a user community for MMN, so it will be nice to learn about the experiences of others, and possibly find out more about what my expectations should be.

The side effects are still there. Headaches appear from time to time (no more accompanying nausea), but seem to have subsided; neck pain is still very much there. I'm not taking much, if anything, to deal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment